Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Yes Man/Burn After Reading/2008 B.O. Follow Ups

Counters


Hello,
First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! I can't believe that in less than 10 hours it will be 09'. If you are reading this in 2009, can you believe we're already in 09'. Wow! Where does time go? So on todays blog I will have a double review plus box office follow ups on the biggest 08' movies. So Yes Man is a movie that you will like if you have a certain type of humor. If you like Liar, Liar you will LOVE Yes Man. If you thought it was bad, then you will hate it. It's like an hour and 42 minutes and I liked it. So really the title says it all! He used to say no to every thing and now he says yes. That's it. Not to exciting. It made good bank though. So far it's made $49,798,560 and it was # 5 last week. 

As you may or may not know, I just got back from the bahamas. At the hotel there is a movie theatre and I went to see Burn After Reading. Just letting you know that this movie is R and it is solely because of violence. My parents don't have a problem with violence so don't insult them. I just realized that in my last few reviews I've been saving my parent's butts. Haha. Anyways this movies about 2 hours and it has an all-star cast starring Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Francis McDormad, Tilda Swinton, & John Malkovich. I can't explain the plot but if you want a summary go to the following link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burn_after_reading
My take is that it is potentially the funniest movie I've EVER seen. It's directed by The Cohen Brothers who took home the Oscar last year. I highly suggest this movie.

2008 Box Office Followup: 
So I have reviewed 11 films in 08' and here is their box office success. I will be listing their success from #1 to #11.
  1. Madagascar
  2. Twilight
  3. James Bond
  4. 4 Christmases
  5. Bolt
  6. Beverly Hills Chihuahua
  7. High School Musical 3
  8. Burn After Reading
  9. Yes Man
  10. Nick & Nora
  11. Ghost Town
So that is interesting, both a cartoon & a chick flick beat James Bond. See you soon
Erik

No comments: