Thursday, February 19, 2009

Academy Award Picks

website hit counters home page
top search engine optimization reviews
Hi Friends,
As you know the Academy Awards are this Sunday and due to the public demand. I am posting my picks tonight. This is perhaps the most important blog I'll write until the 82nd Academy Awards but we'll just focus on the 81st for tonight. Now I am offering something that no other prediction website has. EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY!!!! Not just the big boys, EVERYTHING! Let us start. We'll start with the who gives a crap awards and move up to the thank god I won awards.

Visual Effects: The Dark Knight
Sound Mixing: The Dark Knight
Sound Editing: The Dark Knight (it was just that good)
Makeup: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Film Editing: The Dark Knight (I missed you Dark Knight)
Costume Design: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (I picked that more than these 2 movies would win)
Cinematography: (Guess Who) The Dark Knight
You'll never guess but Art Direction: The Dark Knight.
Song: O Saya from Slumdog Millionaire
Score: Slumdog Millionaire 
Documentary Short: The Final Inch
Documentary Feature: Man on Wire
Foreign Language: Waltz with Bashir
Short Film (Live Action): The Pig
Short Film (Animated): Oktapodi
Animated Film: Wall-E
Original Screenplay: Wall-E
Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire 

Okay, here's the big guys. Those were the who really cares awards. Here's the big deal
Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz' from Vicky Christina Barcelona
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger from The Dark Knight
Best Actress: Kate Winslet from The Reader
Best Actor: Sean Penn from Milk
Directing: Slumdog Millionaire

Okay...here it is! The winner of best picture is...
SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE 

We'll see how I do this year. Last year I batted an 84.687%

Remeber to watch this sunday 8:30 eastern and 5:30 in California and 7:30 in Chicago

Last year there was a 12% home viewing and we need an improvement. That was the lowest record in Academy Award History. Please, Please Watch. I know that they chose the worst host possible but we'll deal with Hugh Grant. Until next movie,
Erik

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erik,
Did you randomly pick the following?
Documentary Short: The Final Inch
Documentary Feature: Man on Wire
Foreign Language: Waltz with Bashir
Short Film (Live Action): The Pig
Short Film (Animated): Oktapodi

Have you actually seen these movies? If so, I am speechless. If not, we will see if chance is in your favor.

Good luck Sunday night! I will anxiously await the results of your predictions.

Aunt Ellen

Anonymous said...

Erik,

Your track record picking Academy Award winners is better than anyone else I know (including me), but I do not agree with some of your picks.

For example, I do not believe that Dark Knight will win the number of "lesser" awards as you do. I think that there are other films that are not as good or as popular, but they were better in certain catagories that you picked for Dark Knight. You have Dark Knight winning five of these and I do not believe that it will. I do agree about Best Supporting Actor.

I thought that Slumdog Millionaire was an Orinal Screenplay, but it must not be as you selected it for Adaptive Screenplay. However, I do not believe that Wall-E will win two awards. I agree that it will win best Animated Film, but I do not believe that it will win the other.

We will see how you do tonight.

Zayde

Anonymous said...

Aunt Ellen,
those were 100% random. I just picked A then B then C and so on. I also didn't realize how many I gave Dark Knight until I saw it on paper. Love you both, Erik. :-D