Monday, February 2, 2009

Swing Vote

Counters
Counters

Before I start blogging, look at that number above this post. We are so close to 100. As you are reading this, the number is bigger than the one I'm looking at but for me it's 79. 21 away from 100. Tell your friends. 21 people. PLEASE!!!!!! I know I've had alot more people read this blog than 79 but it took me awhile to find the counter. Also, I decided that today I'll be using very good vocabulary. I'm sure you'll concur. 

So today I was at home sick and my mother went to our local grocer and they sell Digital Video Discs there and she purchased Swing Vote. When we inserted the D.V.D. into our Panosonic 
D.V.D. player it was just like being at the cinema. We had the popped corn & everything. So this major motion pictured starred Kevin Costner & the plotline was a simple but conglomerate. It was about a delinquent man whose daughter had one wish and that was for him to vote at the election. So he gets laid off at his occupation and he hangs out at the bar and forgets to vote. So his daughter, in a quite mischievous way, votes for him. While she is casting her vote, the custodian trips and unplugs the poll machinery. So that means that her dad's vote doesn't count. So this was basically the closest election in history. There was a one electorial vote between the two counties, so it fell to New Mexico. Then it fell to his county, then his voting poll. Because his vote was not accounted for, this makes him to swing vote. This man's one vote, will decide the future of the United States of America. So the candidates and their atrocious publicists come to the county to try to sway him to have him vote for him. So the protagonist takes advantage of this and gets a lot of promises but he realizes, with the help of his intelligent daughter, he realizes that really whatever he wants, the candidates will get. So his daughter decides that there should be a debate and from there he makes a descison. Who does he choose?? Nathan Lane or Stanley Tucci? Kelsey Grammar or Dennis Hopper. Hopper & Lane for Democrat; Tucci & Grammar for Republican. The big shock is who he chooses and then it leaves it to you to decide who he chose as the man who will get this most scared oath. I'll tell you that this election was more historical than the election of President Barack Hussein Obama.  

So after that definitive plot catch-up; here's my hypothesis. This movie is both humorous and dramatic and has a very good balance. The real show stopper is the astonishing performance by Madeline Carrol who plays Costner's daughter. She is a fantastic actress. According to Rottentomatoes.com, only 35% of the critics liked this film but the world doesn't revolve around critics. 56% of the american public liked this movie. I know that a good 44% didn't like it but I'm posting my vote now that I like it. So may I make a suggestion, within the next 15 days everyone will have cable or NO TV! So get this film on demand. It is a great idea. I'm also quite sure that it will be on a premium channel like Showtime or something. It is simply a one timer movie. But it is a fun one time. It might get so much Erik praise because it's political but it's up to you. Email me with your very own take. You never know when I will quote you in a blog. It's happened before. In fact, I'll quote one now. "I Barack Hussein Obama solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of the President of the United States, and will do the best of my ability, to preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States."~Barack H. Obama-January 20th, 2009. Two weeks in, nothing's happened. Give it time Benjamin. Give it time.   

No comments: